Today, I feel a little more bloated than usual after having a family get together on Saturday’s. I had pizza 🍕and salad 🥗 as we enjoyed the evening with the family. Yesterday, the gummy bears were calling my name. So, 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐝𝐚𝐲!! I am kicking those sugary treats to the curb and picking up my Superfoods shake instead. I know I can’t handle too many days of too many treats. That’s why the AHA statement recommends that “women limit themselves to about 𝟔 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐫 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝟏𝟎𝟎 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬.” What is your favorite sugary snack?? 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬!!
My workouts have been all over the place! . . From just walking, to yoga, to weights, to HIIT, to basics. From looking on instagram, YouTube, apps, to making my own workouts. I truly wake up and do whatever I’m feeling that day or that week. . . In the past this would drive me crazy and I would stress on what types of workouts I should be doing for whatever I was trying to achieve. I thought to have my dream body I needed to do certain workouts to get there. When it came down to it I would be doing worse to my body from the stress of it all. . . Sure maybe if I was in a competition or some event coming up I would need to do the extra but I’m NOT. In the end I just want to have a healthy strong body. I realized all I needed was to wake up, have a consistent morning routine, and just move my body whichever way I enjoy. . . If your looking for something new. I’ve been into Pilates these days. I feel it’s a challenge, it strengthens my body, gets my sweat rolling, plus reminds me to breathe which is so important with your workouts. I’ve found an awesome group with @popsugarfitness on YouTube and let me tell ya you will be sore the next day! . . Consistency, movement, and habits is all you need. Don’t need to wake up super early or have the hardest workout every single morning. You just need to wake up. Get up. Grab your water! Have a routine you enjoy. Make it a habit. And breathe because just doing that will make all the difference! . . #consistency#healthyhabits#movementismedicine#hydrojug#getyourhydro#functionaltraining#determination#todaysanewday#morningroutine#mixthingsup#wakeup#getup#popsugarfitness#getyoursweatglowon#pilates
So this happened yesterday. On my connecting flight from Portland, Oregon to Dulles airport, Washington DC to Rome, Italy yesterday our pilot attempted to land us 2 times with the storm in front of us. The 3rd time resulted in a Wind Shear Alert. Ive flown A LOT but this took the cake as the most harrowing landing attempts Ive ever experienced. I missed my connecting flight and United rebooked me on the only seat left the next day, put me up in a nice hotel room and gave me a voucher for food and free transportation. Kudos to our Pilot👨✈️ for getting us alive and on the ground. He's got some MAJOR CHOPS! Thank you to United Airlines for taking care of me all the way around. You know, I had thoughts about canceling this trip but looked to confront whatever was in between me and going. On this side of yesterday; It was the day (9/11) my intuition was yelling at me about not the event. #trustyourgut#nofear#italyhereicome#unitedairlines#todaysanewday#oreos#greatsleep#bricsluggage#vintagecoachbag @dressingyourtruth_ #banglebracelets
🧠 MINDSET 👁 Do you know what you’re thinking? I don’t mean right this second, but in general are your thoughts positive? How do you look at yourself? What do you love and what do you hate? Having a optimistic outlook on life is important, yeah. But being aware of what your outlook IS, is even MORE important. Without knowing HOW you think, you won’t be able to change it 💁🏽♀️ What do you want to do differently & accomplish? Do you think you can do it? 🤨 What steps have you taken towards getting there? 🚶🏽♀️🏃🏽♀️💨 Most of us are conditioned to focus in on our flaws and aspects of self that we don’t like 🙇🏽♀️ Changing this doesn’t happen overnight (although I wish it did.. I would have been much happier as a teenager 😁) At 25 years old I finally started making the connections between how my thoughts affected my reality 💫 25% of the days are hard to stay motivated and positive, but that leaves 75% beautiful days even if it’s dark and rainy outside ☔️🌝 Change the inside, before you focus on the out. Looks change, your spirit is immortal. 🗣 You got you for the rest of your life, so make sure that inner voice is Reassuring, Motivating and most of all, Loving. 🤟🏽 You’re awesome. You’re beautiful. You’ve got this. 🤩👑